top of page
Thu, Apr 01|
Native Edge Institute - Washington
Registration is ClosedSee other events
Time & Location
Apr 01, 2021, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
About the event
8:30 AM – 9:00 AM: Welcome
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Strategic and Operational Planning for Native American Small Businesses
- Discuss operational strategy for business transformation across industries.
- Enhanced operations strategies that drive efficiency, cost benefits, & competitive advantage cross industry expertise.
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM: Pivoting in a Pandemic- Accessing Capital for Your Business
- Learn more about financing for tribes and individual small businesses.
- Education on loan programs that help facilitate financing for borrowers.
- Helping you to secure reasonable interest rates and reduce risks.
- Bridging the gap for lenders and borrowers for all to prosper.
11:00 AM – 11:45 AM: Empowering your Business: Technical Advice that can Help Sustain and Grow your Business
- Learn about how the PTACs provide local, in-person counseling and training services for you, the small business owner.
- They are designed to provide technical assistance to businesses who desire to sell products and services to federal, state, and/or local governments.
11:45 AM – 12:45 PM: Limit Turnover and Retain Employees- Leadership Styles Needed in the Workplace
- The importance of culture and the impacts of culture in retaining employees.
- How companies manage their infrastructure to keep employees safe, manage pandemic leave, and more.
- Leadership’s impact in hiring a successful team.
- Leadership and relationship building of Tribes and assisting small businesses.
1:45 PM – 2:45 PM: Government Contracting & Business Development Updates
- Training on nascent federal contractors regarding the benefits of participating in various small business contracting and set-aside programs.
- Eligibility criteria, affiliation concerns, program benefits, and how to maintain eligibility.
- Small Business Contracting Programs for 8(a) Business Development, HUBZone, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, Women Owned Small Business, and Economically Disadvantaged Women Owned Small Business Programs.
2:45PM–3:45PM: Small Business Owner Panel – Q & A/ Tips for Inspiring Colleagues
- Briefings by the small business leadership responsible for Native American small businesses.
- A review of agencies’ forecasts, policy updates, and program processes to position your entity for success.
- Discussion on ways to navigate business ownership through networking and leadership.
3:45PM–4:45PM: Avenues of Economic Development - Partnerships that Work
- Discussion on ways the small business owner can harness and grow their business through networking, leadership, and their economic strengths and assets.
- Economic development is the necessary and beneficial tool that allows communities and states to flourish in a fast-paced world.
- Avenues of promoting economic development, sometimes in unexpected and surprising ways.
bottom of page